Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Module 1 Reflection

This module has made me think about my role as an instructional designer in the following ways.
Write about any other insights questions or concerns you want to address in your reflection

4 comments:

  1. I have realised the importance of project based learning, even though I feel that I am already doing this in my classroom. I am also excited about the ICT opportunities that I am thinking of using in my class.
    I am a bit concerned about the "paperwork" required of this project, I will try my hardest to keep up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This module has made me think about my role as an instructional designer by helping me to understand the significance of 'authentic' tasks in the classroom. It has also informed me of different ways to continually assess students in my class. This Module has been very effective in providing sample units to guide my thinking and to help me understand the higher level of understanding that project based learning can provide for me, my class and students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has made me think about my role as an instructional designer by:
    * Giving me ideas and insights into possible tasks that I can set for my students.
    * Informing me to what an instructional designer actually is.
    * Taught me what an authentic task is and how it is valuable to students.
    * Given me motivation in future units I will teach and how to incorporate technology.
    * How students can be responsible for their own direction of learning and how teacher can accomodate for different learning styles, while still focusing on the main idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This module has made me aware of the importance of providing students with open activities that develop their inquisitive side to question what they are doing and to find solutions to their problems with me as a guide.Using open ended activities where students of all abilities can build and develop skills at their own pace.It is developing my skills in ICT that I can pass on to my students and make lessons more enjoyable and relevant in todays modern world.

    ReplyDelete