Reflecting on My Journey
Reflect on how the focus of this module has helped you think about using standards/syllabus outcomes, CFQs or formative assessment in your curriculum planning.
You could describe your student assessment task (KWL or whatever) and explain how it is a formative assessment task.
Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the use of curriculum framing questions which this module has made me think about more deeply. The framing questions allow you to see how your unit is going to develop. Starting off broadly and then narrowing down to the content questions. I think using these questions as a unit guideline will allow the teaching to be more specific and keep things on track.
ReplyDeleteDuring this unit I also learnt more about formative assessment. I created a KWL chart to be used with my unit 'My place, My Community.'I want the children to use this chart so I can gauge what they already (or think) they know about the subjects covered in the unit. Along with this I would like the students to complete a learning log or journal. In this they can continually reflect on what they have learnt and what it means for them.
I agree the curriclum framing questions help you to remain focused. I started with a very broad idea but have come to understand that by having a few specific goals the students will not be rushed through a unit, or not complete a unit, but have time to think, respond and redo if necessary. Through project based units students have a lot of flexability to develop skills at their own pace and to go further than I might have thought possible.I also realise that it gives me the time to assist more one to one with students while others busily work away. I am looking forward to teaching this unit.
ReplyDelete